click to show more information

click to hide/show information About your Search

20121006
20121014
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4
with the fbi to solve the murder mystery. >>> metro blames stolen electronics for a spike in its latest crime report. the transit agency says crime is up almost 7% between january and now compared to last year. 79% of reported cases involve property damage, such as car break-ins, thefts, and arson. the other 21% include robbery, assault, rape, and homicide. those cases were reported at the anacostia rail spags. that was covered by college park and gallery place. >>> tomorrow the transit agency will hear plans to accommodate the inauguration crowd. metro plans to create a specially priced commemorative smart trip card. riders will have to pay peak time fares despite inauguration falling on the martin luther king holiday. >>> kwame brown will learn his fate next month on felony bank fraud charges. until then, the former d.c. council chairman must follow a strict sur fcurfew and other st rules. the judge set a curfew of 11:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. for brown. brown was ordered to return to court yesterday because he failed to report to authorities by phone three times. brown must follow these rules i
..... ransomware has become so pervasive... the fbi has put out a wwrning.... 3 steve merrrfield is just one of the victims.... after 27 years in business, he wass preparing to sell his sporting realiied all hhs computer data was frozen... including "the last words i remember is this is not ggod. this is not good." it turned out hackerss machine and flassed a message. for 3000 dollars, merrifield coold have his data back..but it didn't stop here. he'd additional thousand doolars for each week he didn'tt comply. he'd been hit with ransomware. i can say it's appropriately named. you feel &pvictimized you feel helplees. p//bbtt to///it's one of the more destructive pieces of malwarr because they'll encrypt those files and if you them.. the hackers use such it's virtually impossible to recover your data. and the messagee often look like they're from the government accusing users of things likee phild pornography."it preysson theii fear." "in retrospect the amounttof grief been well worth the ransom, e - buu that waan't the approach we took." 3 experts say most ransomware hackerssare operating
, thank you. >>> here's a fan the nats can do without. the f.b.i. wants you to take a good look at the man in this surveillance photo. he's wanted for robbing a td bank on connecticut avenue on friday. police say he handed the teller a note demanding money. then took off in a cab. the man was last seen wearing a dark suit and tie and dark nationals baseball hat and sunglasses. >>> former d.c. council chair kwame brown is in more trouble this morning. he's been placed under a curfew in order to make weekly visits with court officials. this order came yesterday after brown failed to make three required phone calls. he resigned as you remember last june after pleading guilty to bank fraud and a misdemeanor campaign finance violation. an angry judge richard leon told brown he's not putting himself in the best position ahead of his sentencing and warned him not to, quote, tempt fate. >>> howard brooks should learn his fate later today. brooks was the former campaign consultant to d.c. mayor vincent gray who admitted to secretly funneling money to former candidate suleman brown. it was all part
years. >>> the fbi says a preliminary investigation has found friendly fire is likely to blame for the death this week of a border patrol agent along the arizona-mexico border. agent nicolas ivey and two others were responding to an alarm triggered by a censor aimed at detecting people entering the u.s. illegally. ivey was fatally shot. another agent was wounded. >>> health officials say there are now 47 cases in seven states of people sickened by a deadly meningitis outbreak. five people have died after receiving steroid shots for back pain. those shots made by the new england compounding center may have been contaminated with fungal meningitis. >>> food and drug officials confirm that salmonella has been found in new mexico-based sunland, a plant that makes peanut butter products for trader joe's and several other large national grocery trains. the trader joe's peanut butter is now linked to 35 salmonella illnesses in 17 states, most of them california and texas. >>> italy's mount etna is rumbling again. signs of registered activity in a recently opened crater this week. euro
Search Results 0 to 3 of about 4